Director, First Paramount Modaraba
• CEO, Prislogix Karachi, an ISO 9001 Certified Software House and IT Consultancy firm, selected by PSEB for CMMI Level 2 Certification. Prislogix successfully achieved CMMI Level 2 Certification from CMU-SEI USA in June 2008
• Senior Lecturer & Manager Industrial Projects, Karachi Institute of Information Technology. Visiting Faculty – Taught Software Engineering subjects to B.Sc. Honors Final Year students of University of Huddersfield, UK 2000-2007
• IT Consultant (Corporate Sector) – Bearing Point, ZULTEC, Pakistan SW Export Board
• IT Consultant (Academia) – Aga Khan University – Education Board, ICAP, Usman Institute of Technology
• Member Selection Committee – NU-FAST Karachi
• Member IEEE Executive Committee.
• Member ISACA and PMI
• Actively participated in launch of two national computer magazines – Datalog and Informage. Managed the editorial content for each of them for one year.
• Member Papers & Program Committee, SEARCC’94.
• Member Organizing Committee IEEE Networking Conference. 1996
• Chief Operating Officer, Progressive Systems Pvt. Ltd. 2000 – 2004
• Independent IT Consultant, PRISM (SAP) Project, Pakistan Petroleum, Ltd. 2000 – 2004
• Karachi Coordinator, Urdu and Regional Languages Software Development Forum, TREMU, Ministry of ITT, Islamabad 2000 – 2004
• Founder Member, Career Development Network
• Founder ILM Network (Motto: 5 Star Training – 2 Star Cost)
• Chief Election Officer PASHA, & Computer Society of Pakistan
• Member IT Steering Committee, City District Govt. Karachi
• Member IBA Karachi CCS Advisory Board
Director, Technology Development and Research
Associate Engineering in Electronics Technology.
Post-Associate Engineering in Industrial Electronics Technology.
• Certified Data Centre Audit Professional (CDCAP)
• Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP)
• Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP)
• Certified Data Centre Design (CDCD)
• Accredited Tier Specialist (ATS) License #504 – Uptime Institute
• Network Critical Physical Infrastructure (NCPI) for Data Centers – APC
Managing Director, Multifield Consultants and Executants
MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urabana, II, USA
BE in Electrical Engineering, University of Sindh, Pakistan
• Member, IATA IWG group,
• Member Pakistan Engineering Council
• Member, Computer Society of Pakistan,
• Solar Energy Network
• Energy Storage Forum
• Energy and Environment
• Energy Efficient Buildings
CEO, Acquity Technologies
University of Southern California – M.S. Electrical (Computer) Engineering
University of Southern California – B.S. Electrical (Computer) Engineering
Institute of Business Administration, University of Karachi, Business Administration Courses
ISO 27001:2005 – Information Security Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course (ISMSLAC) Certified by International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) www.irca.org IRCA Course No: A17279 – May 2008
SGS United Kingdom Limited. www.sgs.com
Tau Beta Pi – Life Member
Eta Kappa Nu – Life Member
Pakistan Engineering Council – Life member
The Institution of Engineers, Pakistan – Life member
The Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Pakistan – Life member
NCR/Teradata – IT Excellence Awards, Networking, 1997-2000 and 2001
Consultant and CEO, M/s. AddWise
B.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
One year Certificate of Advance Training in Computer Science.
Symantec End-Point Security October 2008
Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing June 2007
Business Continuity Management September 2006
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) June 2005
Cyber Security June 2004
Installing Premises Cabling System March 2004
Network Security Professional February 2003
Microsoft Certified System Eng, MCSE Win 2000 June 2001
Microsoft Certified System Eng, MCSE Win NT 4.0 November 2000
Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) July 2000
– Computer Society of Pakistan October 1995
– Information System Audit & Control Assoc (ISACA) March 2005
– Business Continuity Institute 2006
– Network Society of Pakistan 2006
– Member IT Committee YMS
– Member IT Committee MMI
Master of Science (Mechanical Engineering), University of California at Berkeley
Bachelor of Engineering (BE-Mechanical Engineering), NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan
Received multiple trainings from IBM facility at Cary, North Carolina, on IBM TMN Workbench tools. June 1997.
Received CORBA programming training for the products Orbix and Orbix Web at RTP, North Carolina. July – August 1997.
4 year diploma in German language. Received ‘Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ and ‘Mittelstufenprüfungszeugnis’ from Goethe Institute, Pakistan.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Financials
Microsoft Dynamics GP Inventory & Order Processing
Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting
Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation and Configuration
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Trade and Inventory
Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Financials
Certified Installation Specialist, Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains.
Managing Director, KML Solution
Attended a 7 week INSEAD Executive Program for senior management from European Institute of Business Administration (INSEAD) France in 1988. INSEAD is among the top institutes of business administration in the world.
Extensively trained for over 20 months in USA, UK, France, Germany, Malta, Holland, Singapore, Pakistan and other countries: over 8 months in different areas of management, over 9 months in different areas of IT (H/W, S/W and Networking) and 3 months in manufacturing/assembly of communication equipment.
Bachelor of Electronics Engineering, Dawood College of Engineering, University of Karachi.
Member Management Association of Pakistan.
Life Member Computer Society of Pakistan.
Life Member Marketing Association of Pakistan.
Principal Consultant, FPM Consulting Services.
– Masters in Business Administration, (Strategy, Managing Knowledge, International Enterprise and, Innovation and Change), Open University Business School, UK.
– Professional Diploma in Management (Marketing, Change Management) Open University Business School, UK.
– Professional Certificate in Management, Open University Business School, UK.
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics), National College of Engineering and Technology,
(NED University), Karachi, Pakistan.
PMI Certificate (30 PDU) in Project Management 2003.
PMI Certificates as Instructor for Project Management PMBOK 3.
Various Certificates in Disaster Recovery Planning.
Various Certificates in Business Continuity Planning.
Affiliate Business Continuity Institute, UK.
Mentor BCI Chapter Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Certificate in IBM WSDDM for Project Managers.
Certificate in Project Management IBM 1997.
IBM Certificates in Large Systems Operating Systems, VM, MVS, VSE.
IBM Certificates in Large Systems Administration, DBMS, OLTP, AD.
IBM Certificates in Large Systems Communications and Networking.
IBM Certificates in Airlines Support Systems.
Affiliate IBM Academy of Technology.
Member IBM Solutions Design Center of Excellence.
Member IBM Global Service Delivery – Business Continuity & Resiliency Services.
Member IBM Technical Experts Council – MENA.
Several IBM certificates of training and development courses in:
– Information Technology Products,
– IT Consulting,
– Systems Integration,
– IT Architecture and IT Business Processes,
– Business Continuity Planning Consultancy,
– IT Infrastructure Data Centers Design Consulting,
– IT Communications, Networking, Security, and
– Projects Management etc.
‘Director IT Consulting Services, Techlink Communications’
Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology – GPA 3.92, Karachi. Pakistan – 1988.
IBM Global Sales School, Warbrook, England – 2015
– TOGAF® 9 Certified – The Open Group Architectural Framework
– IBM Certified Infrastructure Systems Architect
– SNIA Architect – Assessment, Planning and Design of Storage Area Networks
– IBMer Challenge Certification – CAMSS (Cloud Analytics Mobile Social Security)
– Fujitsu ETERNUS DX2 and DX3 Family Storage Sales Professional
– Fujitsu ETERNUS CS800 Technical Sales Professional – Data Protection & Deduplication
– Fujitsu Dynamic Infrastructure Sales Professional
– Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002
– ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
– Foundation Certificate in Green IT – BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
– IBM Certified Solution Specialists – Systems Management Technical Support V1
– IBM Certified Specialist – XIV Storage System Technical Solutions V3
– IBM Certified Specialists – Storwize V7000 Technical Solutions V1
– IBM Certified Specialists – High End Disk for Open Systems V2
– IBM Certified Solution Architect – IBM Cloud Computing Infrastructure Architect V1
– Power Systems with POWER 7 and AIX Technical Sales Skills V1
– IBM Certified Solution Expert – Dynamic Infrastructure Technical Leader.
– IBM Certified System Administrator – AIX 6.1 and AIX 7.1.
– VMware Technical Sales Professional 5 – VTSP5
– VMware Business Continuity Technical Sales Accreditation 5